Collage

Collage

Sunday, December 27, 2015

The G Family - Letter to Mom - 14 September, 2015

Dear Mom,

How are you doing? How is your health holding up? I am sad to hear about Quinci, but I know that the Lord has the highest, best plan for her. Don't worry. All things are in His hands. I know that for a fact. :)

Also, just so you know, I have written you a letter (a VERY late birthday letter), but haven't been able to send it because I am going to just write everyone who has had birthdays recently a letter and then send it. It may take me a week or two to finish, so the letter may come nearer to my birthday, but it is coming! I have a good letter for Quinci in there too. Let her know that I love her and I would love to hear from her. :)

This past week was fantastic! As far as the weather, we have had a TON of rain, but no flooding in the part of Tokyo where I am. I have been drenched for days in a row though. Haha it was really really fun. :) We got to bike in the rain a lot, and it gets to the point where you don't care anymore, so you start riding through puddles and just splashing because it is fun. Haha I loved it. But, other than that the weather this week has actually been really good.

So, just to dive right into things, I got to go to the temple today! I learned some amazing things about leadership, and serving the Lord, but I will share those in the letter that I write to Dad. I want to talk in this one about the people that we met this last week.

First up we had Y. Things are going well with him, and we had H come to the lesson with us. It was so good. He was really able to help Y and address his needs. I loved to see the power of the members in missionary work. The success of this work really is on the members. Missionaries can not do it alone. As a missionary I feel like the flagship of an army, but the flagship doesn't win battles alone. It needs the support of the entire army, or it won't work. Missionary work is the same. Help the missionaries. But, back to the lesson,
Y has a girlfriend who is really against the church, and churches in general, and doesn't know what to do. They are pretty serious, and so he asked H what he would do. He said that if you really are going to think about getting married, you have to be able to talk. If she wasn't even willing to talk about it with him, then maybe it wasn't the person he should marry, because the lack of communication would be a problem that extended far beyond religion. I thought about
that a lot, and how that fits all relationships. I am so grateful that you and dad talked so much, and that you showed us just how important it was for you two to have time alone talking. :) That is one thing I love a lot about Jenna too. :) we can just talk and talk and talk for hours on end, and it has been and will continue to be a huge blessing in our relationship, I know it. I am so grateful that H was able to express that to Y!

The next person that I want to talk about is the G family. Haha Brother G has been less active for a while and his wife is a non-member. We had planned a few weeks back to visit him, and it took us over a week to make it to his house. The Lord made sure we went on the right day. :) he talked to us and we said we would love to come back and have family home evening with him. He said that would be okay. Three days ago we went to his house to talk with him and his wife. (His kids were at various activities). It was a great conversation, and she really opened up to us. And the best part is, she has a ton of interest! We are going to work with reactivating and helping this family work toward being sealed in the temple! Please pray for them and for us as we teach them. I know that the Lord is going to help us, but we could use all of the faith that you can muster. :) haha

Those were the two lessons that were the highlight of the week! While O was not able to be baptized (his family is very very against it) he did end up coming to church! That was another huge miracle, and we are so grateful for that. The Lord blessed us so much in that way. I know that he will be baptized someday, we just have to trust the Lord's timing.

Tell the whole fam that I love them!! I miss you and can't wait to see you again, but I know that this time away is important too. I can't wait to hear from you soon! I love you! Oh! And let me know what I put in the time capsule! Haha


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment