Collage

Collage

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Meetings! - Letter to Mom - 23 November, 2015

Hello, Mom!!

I hope that you are feeling fantastic and ready to go, because this is going to be a really good email. We have had quite the week, and there is a ton that I want to say, and definitely not enough time to say it.

Sorry that this is a day late, we got to go to the temple today which means that we had P-day a day later than usual. But, I had such a good time. I will write more about that in my email to Dad. This week, though, we had a lot of meetings, like I mentioned in my email last week. It was quite overwhelming making sure that everyone was prepared for everything, and we have to get our training for tomorrow at district meeting ready still, but it turned out so so so good, and I have more miracles to share than I will be able to in this email! haha :)

First meeting: Zone Meeting November 17, 2015
This meeting went sooooo well!!! Since it was zone meeting, not zone conference, we were in charge of putting it all together. We had to make sure that everybody knew about it, and that the trainings were ready, etc. It was particularly stressful this time because of all of the other meetings that we also needed to have throughout the week, but it was good. In this meeting Elder Cook and I got to train on a RPLA (Read, Ponder, Liken, Apply) training that President Wada had
presented to us in the previous MLC. It went perfectly. We got to read together with our zone from Mosiah 3. What a powerful chapter. If you ever want to learn about the Savior, just go through and read that really slowly, verse by verse. One thing that we did with our zone (Elder Cook's idea...it was golden!) was to start reading this chapter under the context that you have never heard that much about Christ, just His name and a little of what He did. It really opens up just how much it teaches us about Christ.

Meeting two: District Meeting November 18, 2015
Elder Larkin, the district leader in Kawasaki, did a good job. The hardest part of this training was that we needed him to take 15 minutes at most for his part of the training (all about housing/knocking doors) and we needed about 45 to do our training on creating lesson plans/teaching the Restoration effectively. Well, we got that just about backwards. He took 45 for his housing training, and we had to scramble through our part. But, it ended up working out all right.

Meeting three: Zone Conference November 20, 2015
This was absolutely incredible. This is where President came and shared some time with our zone. It was amazing. He talked about the things that he learned at a Mission President's Seminar in Korea where he had been the week before. It was so good. Basically the entire theme for the conference was having higher faith to find those that are prepared to receive us and helping them receive baptism. It was so so so so so good. We also were able to give a training on extending the baptismal invitation in three different ways. It was really good. I loved the entire day, and I just left with so much fire in my little heart. :) haha It was great. After that we had Questions of the Soul, which is where President showed "It's a Wonderful Life" and talked about the worth of souls. It was good. And....we got to invite the person with us to take lessons, and we are meeting this next week! So, that was a great miracle.

Meetings four and five: District Meetings for Kanagawa and Kohoku
November 21, 2015
This was a great meeting/meetings. We do it all kind of combined together, so in total it feels like one meeting, but it has three parts. In this meeting we decided to do the housing training ourself, and let Elder Gammon (the district leader for Kohoku) do the training on planning and teaching the Restoration. It turned out really well, and I was pleased with the whole meeting. I was also blessed to be on splits with Elder Shurilla, who is in Kawasaki, that day. We talked to some really cool people.

One of the biggest things that President Wada has changed in the mission is a larger focus on actually teaching when we find people. Which is already written in PMG, but President Wada taught us how to do it better. Needless to say it has been much better. Last week we had two new investigators. We already have two this week. :) haha I am hoping that all of those come to their return appointments, and don't forget about them. I know, I have absolutely no doubt, that those who are prepared to be baptized are being found. Everyday, all around the world. I love this work so so so much.

So, we have this one investigator by the name of SH. He is great! Two days ago we had a lesson with him and we set a baptismal date for the 19 of December!!! Please pray for him! We are going to work as hard as we can to get him prepared. He has quite a bit of time before then, so we should be okay, but just pray that he will accept and apply the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you so so so much, Mom. I hope that you have the most fantastic Thanksgiving day! We don't really do anything for Thanksgiving....I guess we'll probably find a new investigator!! :D haha but there will be no feasting for me! I don't have that kind of money. I am just a poor little missionary. :) I love it though. I have learned a lot more about budgeting here. I hope that I can get even better too. As a random side note, I fixed my pants! That was a miracle last week. They work like a charm again. Thanks for giving me that nice little sewing kit. :) It works miracles.

You are the best, Mom! I am so grateful for you and for all that you have done for me and continue to do for me all day every single day of my life. :) I love you!! <3 Have a great week, and say hello to santa for me! I can't wait to be back with you again on the day after Thanksgiving. That is definitely the best day! Send lots of pictures!! :) <3 I love you!!

Love,

Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment