Collage

Collage

Sunday, December 27, 2015

An Infinite Atonement - Letter to Dad - 1 November, 2015

Hey Dad!! :)

How are things going in the office? I hear the commute can be rough these days. It is getting colder, and you have to watch out for the icy roads. ;D haha I hope things are going well with the business! I can't wait to hear the update. That is honestly one of my favorite things to hear about. It is so easy to see the Lord's hands at work in your lives as I hear about the miracles that are happening with the business.

If you look at the title of this email you will see what I would like to talk about. I sent Mom a very detailed list of the things that I did this week, so I want to focus your email more on spiritual things. There is too much to write about the Atonement in just one email, so I will just share my experience with it from this past week.

This last Monday I just felt like I needed to repent more, and that I needed forgiveness and to be one hundred percent clear of all of my sins. I did, as Enos, have a moment where the words of the prophets sunk deep into my heart, and I had a huge desire. So in my prayer that night I went before the Lord and I just prayed with my whole entire heart. :) I haven't prayed like that in a long time. In fact, that may have been the best prayer that I ever had. It was incredible. I definitely felt guidance from the Lord. As I knelt there, praying, I felt the Spirit so many times. I felt it prompting me on what to say during the prayer, on what to do after the prayer, and where I needed to make changes in my life if I was going to come closer to God. It was incredible. But, as Enos asked, how is it possible?

Enos received the answer that it was because of his faith that he was made whole. I learned more about the Atonement. Indeed it was Enos' faith that cleansed him. But what did he have faith in? That was Christ, that was the Atonement.

I have been able to think about the Atonement a lot this week, and that was actually something that a lot of people testified about in our sacrament meeting. Have you thought deeply about the Atonement recently? I challenge you to, if you haven't. If it wasn't for the Atonement, we wouldn't be here on Earth. It is central to God's plan. Without it, we most definitely would not be able to make it back to the presence of the Father. Without it, every single day of our lives we would be required to bear the weight of our own sins. We would not be able to be cleansed.

But we can. :) Think about that!! :D We can be cleansed from our sin. We can be lifted from our weakness! What an important message to send to the entire world! That is why I am here on a mission. Because we literally have brothers and sisters wandering around this world with no way to relieve that burden. They are here in Japan, there in America, all around the world. These are our brothers and sisters. I know that you know that. Because that is how you treated people as a bishop. I don't really think I fully understood what that meant until I came out on a mission. I didn't really understand what it meant to be brothers and sisters with everyone. And then I came out here and my love for these people grew so fast. Because they are my siblings. I sometimes picture them as my siblings. I think about if Ammon, Kaitlyn, Quinci, or Britta were in one of the same situations as these people, without the gospel, and it gives me so much drive to help them. And how do I help them? By bringing them the message of the Atonement.

I am so grateful for the Atonement. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, and for the sacrifice that He made for me. I know that I can become cleansed from my sins because of His sacrifice. I know that everyone that I meet on the street can find hope because of the Atonement. If things ever get tough, just be patient and trust in Christ. Because of Him everything that is unfair about life will be made right.

I love you so much, and I hope that you have a fantastic rest of your day. You are so incredible, and I hope work goes well today (if it is Monday when you see this)!! I'll talk to you again soon!

Love,

Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment