Collage

Collage

Sunday, December 27, 2015

A True Leader - Letter to Dad - 14 September, 2015

Hey Dad!!

How are you doing? I hope that things are going well with your business. It sounds like they are!! I will praying that the bids go well and that you will be able to get the support that you need for your company from the other companies that you are looking to work with. I am so proud of you for all that you are doing and for all of the hard work that you are putting in. I know that the Lord is taking care of  you and that He is going to continue to help you as long as you continue to look and rely on Him. When the going gets a little bit easier don't forget to rely on him just as much as before! I love you!!

So, the temple today was absolutely amazing. They actually ended up switching the entire session into English because there were so many English speakers there today, even without the missionaries there. On top of that there were a TON of missionaries there today. It was great. I love the celestial room there. I love the Tokyo Temple. It will always hold a very special place in my heart. Today was particularly good. President Wada came too! And that is what I want to talk about.

President Wada is such a christ-like leader. It always astounds me just how amazing he is at leading the missionaries in this mission. I have one example from today. He walked into the Celestial Room and immediately started to walk around and give every single person a hug one at a time. I just stood and watched what happened in the room, on his face, and on the face of his missionaries. It was incredible, Dad. I have never seen anything quite like it. It seemed like a small snapshot of what Christ will do when we meet him. He walked around, had a big smile on his face, and everyone just waited for him, patiently, but obviously excited to be with him, and gave him a huge hug. I looked at the love in the eyes of the missionaries, and it blew me away. What had this man done to show them that he loved them so much that they began to love him back. They trusted him deeply. I do too. And I watched that. I learned so much from that small experience today.

A leader ministers to each and every person that he or she is to lead individually. That is how a true leader leads. That is how Christ leads. He takes time for everyone. He shows them that he loves them so so so much. And they feel that. A true leader is someone that leads through love, not fear. I have learned that from President Wada so much. It is something that is debated a lot in the academic world, but definitely not in the Lord's plan. I love that so so much.

Another thing that I learned a lot at the temple today was the fact that I am a son of God. That brings so much comfort and helps me a ton. That means that I can change. That means that I can overcome my weaknesses. I love that. It also means that I have the ability to become like God, a joint heir with Christ. That is such an enabling fact. I love it.

I also learned a lot about Satan today. I almost started crying actually. I don't often think about the fact that he was our brother, and I thought about that today, and the fact that he fell. It made me extremely sad. I wish that he would not have rebelled as he did. It makes me want to proclaim as Isaiah did, "How are thou fallen, O Lucifer..." It is, when you think about it, the most heartbreaking story in all of history.

I hope that things continue to go well for you and for your business. I love you so much, Dad!! I can't wait to hear all about your week! Let me know how things go this week! :)

Love, Elder Livingston

P.S. Concerning my birthday and things like that.......my needs are okay right now. I have access to anything pretty easily living in Tokyo. :) haha As for things I miss and want.......Doritos would be nice. haha :) They don't have the same ones here in Japan. Just the normal red ones. And anything that I want?? Hmm....that's a hard one. I am not sure what I could use that much. The only thing that I had thought about was a Nike+ watch but that doesn't do a whole ton without the app, huh? Does it? If it does, then I would love that! haha But other than that I don't really have anything that I need. :)

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, at least! Thanks for everything! I love you so so so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment