Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Small Plates of Tanner - Letter to Dad - 15 June, 2015

And it cam to pass that in the 2nd year of the reign of President Wada in the southernmost parts of the Kanto Area, that there was a young man by the name of Elder Livingston. And he was....humble, and steadfast in all things. ;D haha

Do you know my small plates? All of the areas and things that I have had? I'll just do a quick review: 3 months with Elder Squire, 3 months with Elder Tolen, 1.5 months with Elder Frischknecht, and then I transferred to Kichijoji. (I was District Leader after 3 months). 1.5 months with Elder Scott, and almost 1.5 months with Elder Leftwich, aszone leader. Nice recap.

Well, this last week we had Zone Conference! Guess what? I didn't even have to give any trainings there. haha I haven't given a training in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave me something to do at MLC soon though. Guess what? I can not believe it, but the next MLC is my one year mark.....it really is baffling just how fast this has gone. Sometimes it definitely seems slow, too, but most of the time I just can't believe how fast this goes. I love it. Missionary work is so much fun. I love talking to all sorts of different people as I go around on the streets of Kichijoji. I love hearing about their background. For example, this one wasn't as much on the streets, but yesterday in Church we had Ward Conference, and I got to talk to the Stake President personally for about 5 minutes. It was super fun. He is such a nice guy, and I know that having a better relationship with him will definitely help in SPM (Stake Presidency Meeting.....?) It is a meeting with all of the zone leaders in the stake (us and two others) as well as President Wada and the sister training leaders for the stake. It is super super great, and we get cream puffs. :) haha guess what? Nobody knows what metallurgy is in Japanese either. :) I get to talk about what I will do in college all of the time. Nobody knows what it is. :)

Let's see......Oh! I got to do my first baptismal interview alone! :) haha It was super fun. It was all in Japanese too. I loved it. I love speaking Japanese so so so much. What am I going to do when I go home and I don't have anyone to talk to in Japanese? Can I talk to you guys in Japanese? haha I am super afraid that I will get a Japanese companion as my last companion, and just not know how to speak English anymore. Are there any words that you want to know the equivalent of in Japanese?

I am so glad that you are already working with the kids in your Sunday School Class about how to run an effective meeting. That is super super important, and something that I realized I didn't really know how to do before I came on a mission. I am still not perfect at it, for sure, but I am learning little by little every single day, and every time that I go to meetings.

I want to let you know the importance of goal setting. It is something that I feel I wasn't good at before I came on my mission, and something that I have been thinking a lot about lately. If we do not set goals and work to achieve those goals, then we will only achieve a glimmer of the potential that we have. I testify that is true. I have a lot of different goals right now from spiritual goals like finishing the Book of Mormon by the end of the month to physical goals like working out better, things like that. But they all play a role in my development. And it is the same with the people that we teach the gospel too. When we commit them to do something, we are essentially inviting them to make a goal, and to work to achieve that goal. Dad, I invite you to make some new goals in your life. Short term goals, long term goals, personal goals, couple goals, family goals, etc. :) Write them down, too!!! :D And stick to it. Hold yourself accountable. I know that as you do so, you will be blessed to know how to improve more, and to fulfill the will of the Lord more. I love you, Dad!!! :) <3 <3


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment