Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief - Letter to Mom - 15 June, 2015

Hey Mom!! :)

So, I know that I have said this a lot, but thank you so much for putting me into piano lessons. I will go over really quick just what happened this week, and what has happened my entire mission so far with piano.

1. I play piano every single week in Priesthood, Ward Choir, and if the Choir performs then in Sacrament meeting as well.
2. I have played in all but my first zone conference, and this last one (last Tuesday) I got to play A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief for the musical number.
3. I have played for two different members recently, for about an hour, to help lift them up and build them up in the church.
4. I got to play for a man that we found on the street. More on that later. :)
5. People always think it is so cool that I play piano. Also, they can never guess my age right.....haha

Needless to say, piano did not stop at the Quartet. It has continued to be a huge blessing in my life. Thank you so much. :)

You asked some questions so I will go ahead and answer those before anything else. Let's see....I feel like the area and the investigators are doing good. We are slowly building up our investigator pool, because it was really suffering. Everyone that we had before was just too busy to meet up, so that was no good. We still don't have that
many people, and we are averaging about two lessons a week.... :P Which is no fun. But it's okay. We are working on it. We have a bit of time to find, and a lot of time in meetings haha. :) The weather here is getting hotter, and we are in what is called Tsuyu :) It is the rainy season! haha the rain here is so different from the rain in Utah. it just doesn't stop here. It rains and it rains and it rains.

And it is super hot. It gets about 80 degrees, but then it is super humid. And it will only get worse after Tsuyu ends. So, we will have to wait and see how bad it is. I have never sweat so much in my entire life! haha

Oh, I just remembered. Mom. My clothes are dying. Both of my pairs of slacks are pretty thin, my socks are getting holes in them, I DESTROYED my shoes (do they have a warranty?) and my athletic shorts are getting super threadbare too......so......I may have to go shopping soon. haha Is that okay? :) <3 I love you! Remember how hard I was on clothes back home? Well, especially with shoes, it has stayed pretty similar. My black shoes look like I have HUGE bunions because of cutting while playing sports, and just destroying the seams. :) haha It is way funny, but I need some knew ones, and I know that Ecco might have some sort of return system. :)

So this week one of the miracles that we saw was that we met a man by the name of Eshita. We were just walking down the street super close to the church, and started talking to him. He said that he had never been to a Christian church before (most people haven't ever entered one here) and that he would like to. We asked him if he had time, and he said yeah, about an hour! :) hahaha So we took him into the church, gave him on a tour, and then ended in the chapel. It was super good. We got to explain our belief about Christ and His role super super simply, and then we talked about the Book of Mormon after I played a Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief to show him what some of the hymns were like. He took the Book of Mormon, gave us his email, and said he wanted to come to church. He apologized because he said that he couldn't come to church every week, but only once or twice a month (which is sometimes hard for some of the members due to the work schedules here). We were floored. We are excited to keep working with him and to help him come closer to Christ. :)

I am amazed with Britta's progress!! :) I am so thrilled! :) <3 Let her know that I am so excited for her!! I hope that her health just continues to improve. I have a question. How is her scripture reading doing? Quinci's too. I am just curious. :) I pray that you and Quinci and Ammon will get answers to your health problems. I know that things will come together. Jenna too. :) Keep taking care of her. I didn't even see any pictures or hear anything about your girl's nights! :) haha

Well, always know that I love you, Mom. I had a little bit of a moment of missing you super badly this week, but it was a good miss you. Elder Leftwich and I went to help Sister Wada clean her kitchen after a ward party, and we just got to talk with her and it was just like I was home talking to you. :) <3 I miss you! I can't wait for the day that you meet Sister Wada, too. You two are so similar. She is a health freak too. ;D haha

I love you!!!!! <3


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment