Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Full Purpose Missionary - Letter to Dad - 7 June, 2015

Hey Dad! :)

I will pray for you so that you feel the guidance that you need. Don't worry, the Lord will make sure that you do exactly what He needs you to. I know that you will make the right decision. Your watch might even help you make it. ;D haha I really am jealous of that watch, even though I know absolutely nothing about it. haha So, can you make a legitimate phone call with it? Ooh, here is a question. Do you think that someday we will get to the point with watch technology that phones will essentially become obsolete? If the watch can essentially do everything that the phone can (obviously it is not at that level right now) what is the point of the phone? I am just curious. :)

So, becoming a Full-Purpose Missionary is very important. It deals with the five parts of the work of salvation, as well as the doctrine of Christ. Do you remember both of those? If you don't just let me know and I can fill you in. That would also be a good thing to study. :) haha Missionaries have to do all that they can to work with members, use all of their tools, teach with power and authority, use the Spirit, work through revelation, etc. in order to fully magnify their calling. This was one of the main topics of the Mission Leadership Council that we had last week. It really is such a blessing to go to those. I will say that in the church, while having leadership does mean obtaining more responsibilities and more things that you have to do, it definitely gives you some opportunities that other people just don't get. Like going to more meetings! haha Not something that you particularly want to do in the normal world, but when it comes to church is just means more opportunities to come closer to Christ. I am so grateful for that. I hope that I can apply the things that I am learning and really magnify my calling more as a missionary.

One other cool miracle is that we met a boy named Rick! At least, that is what he tells foreigners his name is. I can't remember his Japanese name. :) haha But, we were handing out flyers for our free English Class and he came up to me and instead of taking one he just started speaking to me in fluent English. I will admit that I was a little
shocked. :) haha He is super cool though, and we ended up talking for about 30 min. He said that he grew up in Guam and then in Taiwan, so he doesn't actually know that much about Japan and Japanese culture. He is a high school student, and he is actually doing all that he can to become a DJ. He is so fun to talk to, and we are going to meet up with him soon and go out for lunch, and then talk about the Gospel. He is actually Christian and was super happy that we had a church! He said that he hasn't gone to church since he came to Japan, and he really wants to so he is going to try and switch his work schedule so that he can come. :)

Also, we got to visit this family for Family Home Evening this past Monday named the Hotta's! They actually lived in Traverse Mountain for 15 years (they are still super young too!) after meeting at BYU so I have lived by them for most of my life! haha Crazy how small the world is, huh? But they have the cutest little kids, and I was so grateful for the opportunity to share that night with them. :)

I love Japan. I love the people that I meet here. :) I love the opportunity that I have to share the gospel with the people that live here and who need it so desperately. They need the help and the guidance that comes from a loving Heavenly Father so much, and I will be grateful for forever for the opportunity that I have to be here and to share it with these people. Remember the people of Germany often. They will always have a special place in your heart. Thanks for all that you do, Dad! Love you!!


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment