Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Details - Letter to Dad - 4 May, 2015

Hey Dad!!

So first of all, I would like to FaceTime with you at 7:00 a.m. my time on Tuesday morning, so it should be family night for you again. I think that puts it at 4:00 p.m. Monday for you, but just let me know if you need to switch. That works best for me, though. :) Also, make sure that Jenna is there for it. :) haha

Thank you for all of your hard work on the P90X3 stuff. I am super excited to be able to do it, and to get super buff! haha :) But really, it means a lot to me. Oh, did you send a package recently? I know that mom said she was going to, but I haven't really gotten anything, so I was just curious if it got lost or something haha. :) Anyway, thanks for everything!

Dad, thanks for always listening. I realized again the importance of just listening to people this week. It really is often all that we need to do to really help people. You always listened to me go on and on about my soccer games, or ideas that I had, or how school was going, or the things that interested me. That meant a lot to me. I loved our late night rides to Wendy's or random places, or even just to and from Macey's. It was the best, and it means so much to me. Thank you for always listening to me, and for always listening to others and showing me that incredible example. You are the best, dad. :) Also, Mom, and I am sure Dad helped with it too, thank you so much for your response to last week's email. Your email was an answer to prayer, and I am so grateful for how sensitive to the Spirit that you two are.

Dad, keep working hard. When things look like they are just going to be hard, don't give up. One thing that a recent convert said in our ward really hit me this past week, and I really loved it. She said, "I couldn't stop praying and testing it out, because I might get my answer the next day. If I just stopped, I would never know. But it might be tomorrow, so you just have to keep trying and trusting in God." That really stuck out to me. We don't always know what to do or what to say, we don't always get the answer to prayer right away like we think we need it. But, chances are, we will get it tomorrow, so we just have to keep praying and searching for that answer. Do not doubt the power of the scriptures, and the power of prayer. I am so grateful for those two divine gifts, which coupled with the gift of being able to go to church are so powerful. I have a funny question. As a missionary, was it hard for you to stay awake in church? haha I don't know if it is the language, or the fact that we work all day everyday, but I am always SO tired at church, and this never happened before my mission. I am curious if it is just a missionary thing, because a lot of the missionaries are the same way. :) haha

I look forward to seeing you this next week. I am sorry that this email is a little bit shorter, but I think that I have to go soon and take care of some shopping and things like that. I love you so much, Dad! Thanks for all that you do for me, and for our family! You are an incredible example of a good, righteous, worthy father, and I will do all that I can to follow your example now and when I become a husband and father too. I love you, Dad!


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment