Collage

Collage

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Transfer Calls!! - Letter to Mom - 9 August, 2015

Hey Mom!!

Thank you so much for your email and your advice. It meant a lot to me, and really helped me out. I hope that you know how much I love you. <3 :) Thanks, mom!!

By the way, I am doing fantastic!! :D I am loving life out here. It is amazing that it truly is in the midst of trials, in the hardest times, that we grow the most. I have learned so much from this recent trial, and I am doing so much better. :) I have learned how to trust the Lord. Which is what I want to talk about a little bit. But first, just an update on a couple of investigators.

Oscar san is one of the investigators that we are working with right now!! :) He is super cool. He started taking lessons about 3-4 years ago, I want to say, but has been so busy that he has never really committed and started working at it. Just a few weeks ago, he showed up and said that he wanted to prepare to be baptized!! :D So, we are currently working really closely with him to help him progress to baptism. He has a baptismal date scheduled right now for the twenty third of August, so please keep him in your prayers! He is super busy, and needs to be able to meet and come to church, so please pray that he will continue to have time. He is such a great man, and we are excited to see him take this step in following Christ.

Another investigator that we are working a lot with is Roger. He is doing great. He is struggling to commit all the way to following Christ, as his work and life is very busy. It is interesting just how much satan stops us from doing by just putting little busy road blocks in the way. He doesn't need to convince us to do super bad things, because he will just stop us from doing really good things. Please don't ever have too busy of a schedule to follow what Christ needs you to do for the day. Anyway, that was a little tangent. He has a nephew right now who is sick, and could use your prayers. Please pray that he will get feeling better. This would really strengthen Roger’s faith in prayer, and help him to continue to progress.

But, now to the trusting in Christ part. Last night we had a special testimony meeting for the missionaries that are going home in our stake to bear their testimonies to everyone. This was at 6:00 last night. It is usually something that we do in zone conference, but we have about 30 people going home this next transfer, so it was too many to do in a normal zone conference. But, at the end, President Wada talked about serving Christ. He told a story about Neal A. Maxwell. When Neal A. Maxwell was younger, he served in the army during WWII. He was actually in the battle of Okinawa (the southernmost islands of Japan). Right before the battle the next day, he was extremely fearful and nervous. He was still young, and he did not want to die. He said the most sincere prayer that he has ever said. In the prayer he really just said, "If thou wilt help me to live through this battle, then I will serve thee forever." President Wada then proceeded to talk about that moment, and how each and every single one of us needs to have that moment. He talked about one of his counselors (who had borne his testimony earlier. I wrote about that one in my journal and will share it when I get home), and how his was on his mission. After he talked about that just a little bit, I thought about if I have had that kind of a moment in my life, where I told the Lord that I would serve him forever, and I really meant it. Since then I have really been thinking about that, and I am not sure that I have had a defining moment quite like that in my life. Obviously I have decided to serve the Lord for these two years, but have I really given everything to him for the rest of my life? That is a hard thing to commit, and something that takes real commitment. I want that. I feel like the past couple of weeks have been preparing me for that. If I can give truly, from my heart, give everything to him, then life will work out so much better. I know that to be true. But, you aren't going to give everything that you are or can be to someone that you don't trust, so the Lord has been doing all that he can to build up my trust in Him. Which means that I needed a trial. A big one. Which is exactly what the past little while has been. I am so happy/proud/thrilled to say that it has been doing that!! My trust in the Lord has grown so so much. I love Him and the work that He is doing through each an every one of you at home, especially you, Mom. He is doing so many miracles through your example and your influence. You don't know just how much you help people. You have helped me infinitely more than I could express. I love you so so so much, Mom. :) You're the best. I hope that things are going well at home!!

Speaking of which, how are you doing? Is everyone okay at home? Are you all doing alright health wise? Are you having fun, and smiling every day? Are you studying the scriptures personally and with your family? Are you praying by yourself and with the family, every day? I hope that you are. :)

Take care of everyone!!! :) Also, just so you know, Elder Driscoll and I are staying together for another transfer! :D It is going to be super fun. I love Kichijoji, and I love working with all of the amazing members here. :) Help the missionaries in our home ward as much as you can!! Love ya!!


Love, Elder Livingston


Note: Some names may have been changed for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment