Collage

Collage

Sunday, October 4, 2015

My 17 Year-old Investigator is More Buff Than You! - Letter to Mom - 31 August, 2015

Dearest Mother,

How are you doing today? I hope that things are going well and that you are feeling better. How are things going around the home? I can tell that things are pretty crazy with all of the changes with the downstairs room. It looks way good by the way! I am so proud of Dad and Ammon for all of the amazing changes that they have made for the house recently. (I guess the full downstairs was a long time ago, huh? I can't believe that! It feels like just a couple months ago). How have the health things been going? Obviously Quinci has been a little bit sick, but I know that the Lord will provide a way for her to do what she needs to do. Just remembers, it is not what we want that matters, but what the Lord wants. :)

So, guess what? We had four new investigators this week! The first one that I want to talk about is Nathan. He is the bomb. He is a 17 year old boy. And he is RIPPED. I can not believe it. I thought that he was in his twenties the first time, but he is only 17. And he loves America. hahaha He is wanting to meet us a lot, but I think that right now his interest is more in English and America than in the gospel. But, that is only for now! What I think is super super cool is that people come to understand that whatever their dreams may be, the Lord will be able to help them through the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord provides all things.

I want to share a little bit of our lesson with Alan, our fashion designer, that Elder Murakami (one of the assistants) and I had last week. If you could open up to Ether 1:34-the end that would be great. Read those for me. There was a couple of things that we emphasized. 
1. Jared asks his brother to pray for specific things. This is one of the most important things to do in our lives. We have to pray for very very specific things. If we pray generally, we most often get general answers. But, if we pray specifically, then we get specific answers. That is the first principle that we taught him and that I want you to remember. Please remember that.
2. The brother of Jared has to pray multiple times, for multiple things. This is another important thing. We have to pray all of the time. We have to keep praying, even if we already received a certain answer. We have to pray at all times and in all things, and in all places.
3. The Lord will give us specific things to do. If you look at the Lord's answer after he prays to go to the promised land, then you will see that he gives them some specific things to prepare. The blessings that they are promised are only promised if they do the preparations that the Lord needs.
4. Lastly, the Lord has a much bigger plan than we do. If you look at the last verse of the chapter, then you notice the Lord does not just want to take them to the promised land. He has so much more ready for them. The Lord has so much more ready for us in our lives than just the blessings that we ask for.

Do not worry if the things that are hard in life don't seem to have a quick, easy, answer right away. The Lord has so much more in store for us than we will know. Please look forward to that blessing. I love you so much and I pray for you!!! <3 Keep working hard mom! You are the best! :) :)

Love,
Elder Livingston



Note: Some names may have been changed for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment