Collage

Collage

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Um... - Letter to Mom - 30 March, 2015

Hey Mom!!

So, I had this huge email written to you and ready to send and!....my iPad died haha :) So, what I am going to do is try and send it when I get home tonight (It probably won't actually get to you until tomorrow). If it is deleted then I am so so so sorry. I will attach a testimony that I wrote just in case you don't get the other one. I really hope that it wasn't deleted.

To try to sum up a testimony about some of the most deeply soul-touching subjects in the universe in a couple paragraphs is so hard. But, as a missionary, I try to do it everyday. It all starts with my Heavenly Father. I know that He is there. :) I know that He is my God, and my literal Father in Heaven. As such, I am a son of God. There is nothing quite as empowering as knowing that you are a child of the most omnipotent being in the universe. I love Him, and I know that He loves me.

Because He loves me, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to come and suffer for my sins. I make mistakes every single day of my life, but because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can overcome those sins. Because of the Atonement, I can live with my family forever. That is the most incredible thing ever. I am so grateful for the sacrifice that Christ made for me, personally, because He loves me. I know that He lives, that He loves each and every person on this Earth, and that He will always be there for us. He and the Father appeared to a young boy in a small grove of trees. His name was Joseph Smith. Through Joseph Smith the church was restored, and saving-ordinances were brought back to the Earth. It was an incredible miracle. The Book of Mormon was provided as evidence of its truthfulness, and I have read the entire book. I know that it is true. I know that when we read it, we can find answers to the questions that we all have in life. It is applicable, simple, and divinely written for our day, and each of us.

I am so grateful for this gospel. I know that through the teachings of our Savior Jesus Christ we can live together with our families in a Celestial Glory for time and all eternity. Heavenly Father loves us, and He and Christ do all that they can for us. We can communicate with them through prayer every single day of our lives. It is real, and it is powerful. And they communicate back. I know that this is true. I have tested it, and I invite all of you to test it.

これは本当に真実だと知っています。この知識は普通な知識じゃないんで、すごい聖なる天から知識ですね。自分で理解できません。だけど、聖霊によって全ての真理を知ることができると知っています。神様は私たちの天のお父様として一人一人で愛しておられると約束します。この証は全てイエスキリストの御名によってお書きいたしますアメン。

Mom, I love you so so much. And I can feel your love from here. :) I also want to eternally thank you for making me stick with piano for so long! haha You know how you always told me that I would use it on my mission? I always believed you....but I had no idea how much you meant it. I have not played it at tons of conferences, I play every week in church, and I use it at people's houses if they have a piano. It brings the spirit so powerfully. :) Thank you so so so much!

I have some things that I need. This stuff is all digital though, so no worries. :) haha I need some pictures. I would love a few of the whole family, and then 2-3 of each of the couples (You and Dad, Ammon and Audge, etc.). I also want a ton of good ones of Emmett. :) I also would love some of my hobbies (soccer, playing board games, the quartet, rock climbing, graduation, etc.. Make sure that Lads in Plaid is in there! It is so useful to introduce missionary work since we are all over the world. :) ) And then I need some of Jenna too. :) Some of her alone and us together. If you could send those it would help so so so much! I got a new iPad (explained a little in the other email) and I need some pictures. My other ones are locked up in the cloud and I am not sure how to get them off. :) haha If you could get these to me in the next few days that would help heaps! Thanks mom! :) I love you!! Also, I will send the pictures I took from this last week when I get home, so they will probably get there tomorrow (they send as soon as I get wifi again since we don't have it at the apartments). Thanks so much! I love you Mom!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Never forget that. :) I miss you so much, mom!

Love, your loving son, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment