Collage

Collage

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Meetings, Meetings, and more Meetings - Letter to Dad - 12 April, 2015

Hey dad!!

So, I already mentioned this in my email to Mom, but just in case that didn't load, guess how many hours of meetings I have had in the past 4 days? 16 hours....ish.... and then a lot of travel to and from all of the meetings. Oh, scratch that, I also had some conference calls this morning, probably more about 18! haha It probably doesn't even compare to the amount of meetings that you have in a week, but it seemed like a lot to me when I felt like I usually get out and just go to work!

I love the work. I love missions. They are so so hard. And so so rewarding. (speaking of which, please tell Braidon congrats for me!!! I look up to him so much. He has always been such an example to me and I love him so much!) Also, let David know how proud of him I am too! He is so cool. :) I love our ward (both here and there haha)! Time, especially, as a missionary is so weird. All of the days just kind of mesh together, and they either go insanely fast, or insanely slow. Usually insanely fast. Also, since I am thinking about it, this is super random, but is there anyway that you could get me the digital sheet music for glorious by David Archuleta (the one in Meet the Mormons). I would absolutely love that, and use it. We have opportunities for talent shows and stuff here, and I would love to have that in my arsenal of music as well. However, it is not a big need, so don't stress about it.

How has work been going? I hope that things are still going well. Do you have any business trips soon? Did you have anything this last week? I am so so so jealous that you got to go to the aerospace museum! I really love jets. They are incredible. Do you think that you will ever get your pilot's license? I think that you should. :)

Hey, will you two keep a special prayer in your heart for Jenna? I don't know how much she has told you, but she is pretty sick, and I would like you to pray for her. She could use all of the prayers that she can get.

It is really interesting how much effort the gospel takes and yet how simple it is. Crazy, huh? It is something that we constantly work on. We literally never finish the gospel. There is no, "Ahh, I'm so glad that I checked that gospel thing off of my list finally," moment. haha :) I love how much work it takes. Not because it is easy, but because I can come out here on a mission and learn so much, and grow, and still feel like there is so much to learn. I feel like my knowledge and my testimony of the gospel has grown so much, and I am so grateful for that. :) It is just like a muscle. If we ever stop working out a muscle, it instantly starts to get smaller and weaker. Our testimony is the same way. If we stop working it out, it starts to grow weaker. Do all that you can to have a strong testimony! :)

I love you, Dad!! I am sorry that the other email didn't work. Tell mom that I am super super sorry! I am doing great, and I love Kichijoji! I will make next week's extra special....somehow.... ;D haha I love you!!! <3


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment