Collage

Collage

Sunday, June 14, 2015

To My War Budd Dad - Letter to Dad - 16 March, 2015

Hey Dad :)

This title is slightly....morbid....hilarious...and has a lot of background. Also, probably don't put this part on my blog. Or the title of this letter haha

To explain it, first you need to remember history. I am in the country that attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th. I am from the country, that, as Tom would put it, opened two quantum singularities on Japan (He has loudly proclaimed that multiple times....on trains....full of Japanese people. I have learned a lot on my mission that beer takes away all filters). You would think that World War Two is kind of a taboo subject.

You would be so wrong. :) hahaha

You would be surprised how many times it comes up. It always takes me off guard, and leaves me at a loss for words, which you know is hard to do. :) haha To explain the title, I was over at the Tsutsumi's house, they are members, and we were talking about the world. One of the sisters asked, "Hey, don't Japanese people love French people?" Tsutsumi Shimai said, "Well, Japanese people like the French, but we love Germans! Japanese people and Germans are really good friends. It's because of the war, you know?" And I was floored. I couldn't believe she just said that. Hence, since you went to German, apparently we are war buddies, still....awkward. ;) haha I have had it come up a couple of other times, and I never know what to do. It is way funny to talk about afterward though. haha

It sounds like you have been super busy recently with all of your business trips and stuff! I hope that you are enjoying (as much as you can away from home) it, and doing all that you can to come closer to the Lord. I am also so excited that you got a knew device to use for the company! Are you going to get any of the watches? That would be way cool if you get some! You will have to let me know how it is. :) I am a little bit jealous. However, we get to get new iPads soon!!

Dad, I feel like I am leaving Hodogaya next transfer. I think that Elder Frischknecht is trying to take over my responsibility, no matter where it is. ;) haha He followed me in the MTC, and became zone leader after me there, he is here and could very well be the next district leader. He is way ready and I am glad that I will be able to leave the area in his hands if I leave. I am excited for the new adventures that are out there for me. :) Thanks for all that you do for me, dad! I love you so so so much, and I am grateful for your emails! Keep going strong! Remember, just two weeks until 桜 season! I am so stoked! I can't wait!

Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment