Collage

Collage

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Companionship Unity - Letter to Dad - 22 March, 2015

Hey Dad! :)

I am sorry that you have to go on another business trip. I know that these are not easy. I hope that you are able to have a good time. Get some good souvenirs for the girls and mom (even though she can read this). It means more than you know. I remember when you would bring home stuff for us, and it always meant so so so much to me. :)

So, on the subject of companionship unity, Elder Frischknecht and I are so so so unified. It is way cool. He is like Brandan Glazier and Jack Carlisle smashed into one person, so needless to say we get along super super well. We can tell what the other is thinking a lot of the time, and we know how to teach pretty well together. We continue to grow closer, and it is so fun to see how our personalities work together. We are super similar, but just different enough that we do not kill each other. :) haha I love it. But, on that subject, how is your companionship unity? haha It seems like a silly question to me, seeing as how you and mom are always so incredible, and how you support each other is amazing, but it is never bad to evaluate it and see where you could do better. :) when you are completely unified you can work better. There is a promise in D&C 6 that says when two or three of the Lord's servants are gathered touching one thing then the Lord is there. I may have talked about this before in the context of missionaries and their investigators, but this works perfectly for you and mom and our family. Our family is the one thing that you are touching on, and you can receive powerful revelation for our family. :) Trust that promise.

I am so glad that you are continuing to grow in your German. It is an incredible tool, and I am excited to see the miracles that you see because of knowing German. :) Thanks for being my example in all things, Dad. You really have always been there for me. You taught me how to be a man, not by sitting me down and teaching me the things step by step, but by showing me an example every single day for the entire time that I have been alive. You have always treated mom and the other girls, as well as me and Ammon, with such love and kindness, and it really showed me how I needed to treat them as well. You showed me throughout your service as bishop how to really give of your own time to other people so that you could serve and love them, and that is exactly what a missionary must do. :) Thanks for that, Dad.

Dad, did you have any companions that you were super close to on your mission? I feel like I don't really know that much about your mission, and being out here and knowing what it is really like makes me so curious. Were you ever District Leader? Zone Leader? Assistant to the President? Did you train anyone? What were some of those experiences like? Is there anything that you learned from them that you wish you would have known before, that I could apply now? I would love to hear all about your other stories. :) Thanks for everything, Dad. :) I hope that you know how much I love you, and how much I miss you!! <3 have a great week!

Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment