Collage

Collage

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Have Fun! :) haha - Letter to Dad - 6 April, 2015

Hey Dad!! :) How is Superman??

So, if you are reading this, and haven't read Mom's yet then go and read Mom's email first, and then come back to this one. :) haha

So, now that you have read that other email, you know that I am going to be transferred to Kichijioji! :) I am so excited. From what I understand, Kichijoji is the biggest church building in Japan (as far as meeting houses go). It is three stories tall, and maybe about as big as a stake center over all. :) It is way cool. And the mission home is the building right next to it. (I am sure that you will google map it. Haha) The address that you are sending packages and letters to is the address for the church. My address is different though. I will send that to you next week. :)  Feel free to explore Kichijoji on Google Maps and on the internet! It is an incredible place. :)

I am so excited for this opportunity to become a zone leader. What are some suggestions that you have for me, Dad? I always looked up to you as a leader. Thank you for just being incredible. I remember some of the times that we went Home Teaching I would always think to myself, "Oh man, this might take a few hours." haha Thank you for taking a long time to talk to people. You did the right thing, and my young mind just didn't understand. I am still young now, but I am so glad
for the example that you sent.  You taught people as a home teacher, not lessons. There are too many people that teach lessons as home teachers, not people. If everyone in the church faithfully fulfilled their calling to fellowship and help those that they are assigned to serve as home and visiting teachers (and not just on the day that you visit to teach, but every day the whole month) there would be a lot less-actives.

A quick note for the trip to Japan. I think what you suggested is a super good idea! I will for sure ask President Wada. I am not 100% sure on what the brethren have asked, so I will ask President Wada what they have asked of us. Thank you for being understanding about Jenna. haha That means a lot. But, instead of scrapping the idea if we can't right at the end of my mission, I have a better idea. :) Keep saving, and the Spring of 2017 come back (this is all if we can't make the first idea work). The Cherry Blossoms are worth the wait, and not only would that give us time to save more money, but it will give us time to settle in, prepare, etc. Also, the U of U does have a spring break (I believe) and I would be willing to go for that and miss a little to to have a good nice trip here. I really want to come here sooner than later, or the plans will get delayed for too long until it is too late. It is absolutely incredible here. You will love it. :) It is also incredibly nice weather right now! So, that is always a plus. :) Just some ideas. What do you think?

Well, it seems that I have run out of time, but know that I love you, Dad!! Keep working hard, and loving mom and the girls for me! :) Tell them all hi! :) <3

Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment