Collage

Collage

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Time Flies!! - Letter to Dad - 5 January, 2015

Hey Dad!!

I don't know if time actually flies, or if it just runs really really fast when you start emailing people, but it sure seems to move differently than normal! haha How are you doing this week? It sounds like it has been quite the week, and that a lot has been happening around home! Make sure that you keep Mom from working ;) and that she is taken care of. Thank you for showing me such a good example in how you treat Mom, and how you love her. That means a lot to me. I have learned so much from you, and I actually got to talk about you this past week with one of the Elders in my district who is struggling. I am so grateful for your example and for all that you do for our family.

So, you know how we want a Tesla? I know a guy who owns...a Lamborghini. Not quite a Tesla, but you know. ;) haha I haven't actually seen it, and I may have mentioned him before, but his name is Trevor. He is super cool, and speaks fluent English. He is actually the investigator for another area. I have met him before, and I actually got to meet with him all of the sudden today, and I had a really good conversation with him. I really learned today that listening is so important, and that is also something that I have learned from watching you too, Dad.  It really hit me just how much it means to people when we listen to them. I think that is something that I have changed over the time on my mission. I have learned a lot more how to listen instead of just talking (I guess not knowing the language can also play a part in that haha). I actually received a Christmas card from Qiu Shimai with her presents and she said in there that I was a very quiet person, but that I really listened to people and I was very sincere. It shocked me. Being called a quiet person has never come up in my life haha. :) But I like it. I love listening to people. If we only talked, we wouldn't know how to help people. We have to listen to them, and then we will know how we can best help them. Remember that in your calling Dad. You are teaching some amazing youth. Remember to listen to them. They will tell you with the things that they say and do exactly what they need in order to progress. Listen for it, and you will know how to help them. :)

I feel like this week has been a week of learning a lot about the Savior, and how we can have hope through Him. His Atonement is absolutely incredible, and all encompassing. I happened to read a talk by Elder Bednar from this past April Conference that talks about how the Atonement is not just for the cleansing of our sins, but also for the strengthening that we need in our times of trial. Turn to the Atonement, Dad. Turn there this week and you and Mom will see strength that you did not know existed. :) I promise.

Thank you for everything, Dad. I love you so so so much. I hope that you have a fantastic week! I will be praying for you! :)

Love, Elder Livingston
リビングストン長老

Note:  Some names may have changed to protect privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment