Collage

Collage

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Questions of the Soul, and other fun things like that ;) - Letter to Mom - 24 November, 2014

Hey mom!! How are you? Thank you so much for your email, it really was perfect. I love hearing about anything and everything. :) Thank you for all of your love and support. You are the most incredible mom in the entire world. :)

Well, I think that I should start with the most exciting news this week!! Guess what?? I have never flossed so consistently in my life . . . ;) hahaha that is true, but it is not the most exciting news. :) We set a baptismal date with Dunkley san this week! I am so so thrilled for him. We still have a lot to teach him, and he has a lot to do, and things to learn, but I know that he can do it. The Lord truly did prepare him, and he is ready to hear the gospel. It is going to be such a huge blessing in his life. Also, the ward that I am in really needs it. They have not had a baptism for around three years. They are amazing people, but it has been hard for them, and they need this. I am so glad that the Lord is blessing everyone for their efforts. His baptismal date is December 13, so in two weeks from this Saturday! I am so thrilled. He is an amazing young man.

Wow, I feel like anything that I put after that is kind of a let down haha. :) I did want to talk about questions of the soul though. Questions of the Soul is a specific program that President Wada does throughout the mission. He goes to areas, and shows clips from popular movies (not the whole movie, just parts) and then relates the movie to gospel principles. It really helps people understand things that may seem more complex, but when put in context of the movie is really easy to understand. This last week we took Norton san and Dunkley san to two separate questions of the soul, and it was really good. So the movie that he showed was Okuribito and talked about the Plan of Salvation. It was really good. I know that the Plan of Salvation really was created by God. He loves each and every one of us, and He created a perfect plan so that we can return to His presence. :) <3 We will be able to make it back to His presence as a family, and I love that with all of my heart.
 
Okay, back to missionary stuff. So, about holidays. They do not have thanksgiving here!! In fact, most people in Japan have never eaten turkey. haha :) But, for Thanksgiving on Thursday we get to go to one of the members homes on the American base and have an American Thanksgiving. :) <3 So, that will be super fun!! Also, Christmas is different here. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but it is. They eat KFC on Christmas Eve, for example. :) haha Um . . .oh! They actually do have children's day here (since there is mother's day and father's day in America! haha)
Also, the weather is way nice here! However, the rain is a bummer. It is super super hard for missionary work, and cold. It should rain all of tomorrow and Wednesday. :) haha wish me luck!! However, the rain gear I have, works miracles! It keeps me so so dry, and I am so grateful for it. Also, that fleece jacket that I don't usually like to wear . . it works wonders when it is super cold here. :) haha Well, I love you so so so so much, mom!! :) <3 Keep trusting the Lord! He is helping you more than you know, and I know that He will direct you as to how to recover. All of the family. :) I hope you know how much I love you. I should send the Christmas package next Monday!! :) Love ya!

Love, Elder Livingston
リビングストン長老
愛しています!!

Note: Some names may have been changed for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment