Collage

Collage

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Way to go!! - Letter to Dad - 9 March, 2015

Hey Dad!

Sorry that I didn't have time to email you last week! That monstrous email to mom took up a ton of my time. Thank you so much for all that you do for me. I am so grateful that you are working on a P90X program. I am so excited to see it! Thank you Thank you Thank you!! <3 I love you! Also, thank you for all of your emails. They mean a lot. Just send Nortan san a normal email. Be his friend. Let him know that you care about him. Bear simple testimony about non-gospel gospel things (family, love, service, etc. Things that are eternally good and true, but are common values across all cultures). That is what he could use most right now.

Way to go on your German!!! I am so glad that you are working hard on it. I promise you that as you continue to work hard, and grow and remember, the Lord is going to place opportunities in your path so that you can use that German to help Him with this incredible work. I love you, Dad!! :) <3 I will be honest, one of the things that really scares me is thinking about going home, and worrying that I will not be 100% fluent by then. I really don't want that to happen. Is it normal to kind of get scared by that? I feel so inadequate, and I don't see my progress as much. I think that is normal, but at the same time, I feel like there are so many words that I still do not understand. I really want to improve, but I am not sure how to just magically poof and become better. Actually I know that is not how it works, but if you get a hold of the magic wand, it would be nice if you could bippity-boppity-boo me into a fluent speaker . . . but you might have to translate it into Japanese for it to work . . . oh well, I guess I'll just study hard. ;) haha

Dad, thanks for your example, and for always taking care of Mom and the family for me! :) Be safe in all of your travels, okay? I miss you, and I hope that you know that I love you!!


Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment