Collage

Collage

Sunday, March 1, 2015

10:4 - Letter to Dad - 9 February, 2015

Hey Dad!!

First of, 10:4 good buddy. :) I also want to talk about 10:4
just a little bit more.

In the military (I believe) you say 10:4 to tell someone that you
understand. But there is another 10:4 that helps us to understand the
most important principle we can know. It is Moroni 10:4, and it reads,
"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye
would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these
things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with
real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it
unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." Elder Tolen and I
discovered that beautiful "coincidence" a few days ago. Our Father in
Heaven provided for us a way to understand His commands, a way to find
out if what He wanted us to do, if this gospel, was true. And it comes
in Moroni 10:4. Dad, I don't know where you are reading right now, but
I want you to make sure that you read the Book of Mormon every day. It
is so vital. If you are not any where in it specifically, and maybe if
you are, I want you to start from the beginning and go to the end. I
challenged Britta very specifically to read the entire book, and she
may need a buddy to do it with her. This is an opportunity for you to
grow closer to her, and for you to grow closer to the Lord. But,
whatever you feel is right, make sure that you are reading the Book of
Mormon.

This past week we had the opportunity to hike Mt. Takao, an incredible
mountain here. It was super fun, and we got to go with some ward
members and an investigator from another area. It was so amazing to
see the beautiful things that our Heavenly Father has created, and to
just feel the Spirit. I know that Our Heavenly Father is such an
incredible creator, artist, architect, etc. and He does it for us. I
think that is incredible. I know that He loves us, and He loves the
people that we get to work with in our lives.

I am excited for you in your new position at work! I hope that
everything goes well, and that you enjoy it. :) Keep me updated! I
want to hear all of the little details. Also, keep me updated on how
Spyderbyte is doing! I can't wait to be home and be able to help you
develop and or test the things that you are creating. It is so
exciting that you get to work at the cutting edge of the technology in
the world. Never forget to lift other people up through the things
that you create. Try and almost create an uplifting, spiritual
experience for them, even through the games that you create. People
will notice that, and it will draw them to you, and to want to know
why your developments are different. Maybe I am just talking crazy
nonsense, haha but I feel like we can help wherever we are in life,
and right now you are an app developer.

Thank you so much for the keyboard, it is absolutely perfect! I am so
glad that it is full size, and it is nice and portable. Thank you. :)
Also, tell Bridger and everyone that wrote notes to me thanks so much!
They really lifted me up. :) I love you, Dad!! <3 <3 So So much! Never
forget that!! :) :)

Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment