Collage

Collage

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Letter to Dad - 4 September 2014

Hey Dad! :) 

How are you doing this week? How is work going? :) Also, how is that mother of mine doing? Is she getting the rest and relaxation that she actually needs, or is she being the stubborn Jennifer that I love so much and making sure to serve others even when she is sick and down? haha Dad, thank you for your example. I don't think that I told you this enough at home, and I definitely didn't convey how much I mean it, but I love you. I have realized more and more here just how incredible of a man you are, and just how much I look up to you. I love you so so much, and I thank you for your example and your weekly inspiration thoughts. They have meant so much to me and they have really helped me every week. Thank you, Dad. I just want you to know that you are the most amazing man that I have ever met, and the most true, kind, gentle, perfect father that I could have ever hoped for. Thank you. :)

So, I ship out soon! Crazy, huh? I can't believe how fast it went, and it seems like the group that left 6 weeks before us (our senpai or higher ups) seems like they left just a week or two ago. At the same time, I often wonder if I was born in the real world, or in the MTC haha :) It has been so good here, and I feel like I have grown so so so much. It has been so hard at times, and the most amazingly peaceful thing in the world other times. The times that I particularly love are the ones that I get to spend one on one with the Lord. He is so amazing. If you ever need anything, turn to Him. He will never let the call for help or comfort go unanswered. I can testify of that. 

Dad, as I go to Japan I want you to know that I am going to serve as hard as I can, and that I am going to baptize more people than anyone thinks possible. It's not that baptisms are what really matter, or that I will be an incredible missionary, but I will follow the promptings of the Lord, and I will be what he needs me to be so that I can work in the way that He needs me to work. People believe that Japan is a low baptizing country. I don't believe that is true. People said that about England and there is an Elder who went there and baptized 100 people. President Hinckley asked in 1999 if we would double baptisms, and that we could do it. But the baptism rate hasn't doubled. It has actually stayed about the same. I am going to step up to his call, and more importantly to His call, my Father in Heaven's call. I will be what He needs me to be, I will go where He needs me to go, and I will serve in the way that He needs me to serve. I love you so so much, and I thank you for your example and all that you do for me. I am sorry that I didn't get to send a lot of pictures this week (just the one with the Japanese business man) but I will send more as soon as I can, and they will be pictures of Japan!! :) I love you so much!!

Love, Elder Livingston

P.S. Our family is definitely psycho . . .at least that is what it would sound like in English!! Saiko (pronounced psycho) is the Japanese word for highest, or best. So, there is the fun Japanese fact for the day!! :) haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment