Collage

Collage

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Elder Livingston Leaves for Japan - 8 September, 2014

Elder Livingston left the MTC on the morning of September 8, 2014.  Look who he bumped into at the airport !!

Tanner leaving for Japan.  Dad leaving for Phoenix, Arizona.

Knowing that I was going on a business trip to Arizona the same time Tanner was leaving for Japan, I couldn't resist the chance to see him.  I arrived at the airport early to await his arrival.  I finally saw him about to enter the security area and waited for him around the corner.  When his group of missionaries stopped just after security I snuck up behind him, put my right arm around his shoulder and said, "Hey Elder, how are you doing?"  He turned around, smiled in shock, and in a surprised voice asked, "Hey, what are you doing here?"  I explained my reason for being at the airport and spent the next 45 minutes with him before my flight began boarding.

It was so exciting to see him!  Before he arrived I couldn't believe how my heart was pounding when I came around corners.  I might bump into him if he was already at the airport.  I was giddy as a school boy trying to get his nerve up to talk with a girl he likes.  At any rate, he looked so good and so did his companion and the other missionaries he was traveling with.

Tanner spoke a little Japanese while speaking with Jenna on the phone and it was fun to hear how far he has come.  One elder spoke with me briefly and complimented Tanner saying what a good missionary he is.  This elder said that Tanner had helped his testimony grow and he was thankful for him.  These are the moments that parents hope for.  Thank you Tanner for being who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment