Collage

Collage

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Letter to Dad - 16 September 2014

Hey, dad!!

I love you. Thank you so so so so so so so so much for surprising me at the airport. :) I promise that it was a good thing, even though you left me in happy tears. ;) haha I am glad to hear that your trips went well! And I am especially glad that you made it home safe. I want you to know that you are such a good example to me and that I love you so much. <3 Thanks for everything!

Wow, the new apple products sound SO amazing!!! Do you have any pictures of them? Send me some when they get home, or if you could pull some off of the internet, okay? I would love to see how they work. Also, that watch sounds so so cool! I hope that you can have success on it. This could be a really good opportunity for your company to become one of the cutting edge, leading developers for that specific platform! You can do it, I know you can. :)

In response to your question, yes I did find my raincoat! No, I have not actually used it yet haha. It has not actually been that rainy except for the first couple of days that I was here, and honestly we were just walking then, so all we needed to use were umbrellas. The rain here is awesome. It pours super hard, but it is still warm outside because of the humidity and everything. I love it. :)

Oh, today I bought my bike. If you have mom check, I think that my personal fund is basically empty. I need to get a 100 dollar emergency fund, but I don't think that I can actually pull from my personal money anymore, because I believe that my card is out. Could you maybe have her put a couple hundred in, and send me an email when she has done that? That would be super super helpful!!

Dad, thank you for your spiritual messages. :) They are always so perfect. The message that Elder Scott spoke about in regional conference is so true. And it was actually just what I needed to hear today, so thank you so so so so much. I will try to make my prayers even better. :)

Honestly, dad, missionary work is hard. Sometimes (like, basically the entire time I have been here . . .a whopping one week! haha) you just feel like you are not even making an impact on people, and that can be really hard. I will keep pressing forward though, because I know that the gospel is true, and I know that I will be able to help people. The language is hard too. I feel like I can not really communicate with people, and that is particularly frustrating when I really want to just sit down and talk to someone, but I know that as soon as they tell me where they are going I will just shut down, because I won't know where that is, or what job they are doing. But, again, I know that the Lord blesses us when we just open our mouths, so I will continue to do my best. I have a great companion, and the most amazing tool (the Spirit and the Book of Mormon) that I could ever ask for. Thank you for always being an example to me, and for the man that you are. I hope that the letter I send to you personally next week can be a little longer, but at least know that I love you. Thanks, dad

Love, your son, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment