Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Letters dated 9 July and 12 July, 2014


Well look at that…

You’ve got mail. ;-)  Haha.  How can I sum up today?  It has been so crazy!! We get here, drop our bags off, and go straight to class where they speak nothing but Japanese!!  It is so daunting when you consider how much you don’t know.  I am eternally grateful for the 3 years of Japanese I did take.  Guys (and gals), I love you so much.  I really do.  I want you to know I could never have asked for a better family.  And you know what?  We have it so good.  Despite all of the sickness in our family, we are so lucky.  We had this activity where we watched some sister missionaries begin teaching investigators (members who actually have a conversion story or know someone close that they portray) and then we (a room of about 50 or so elders and sisters) ask them questions and talk to them, trying to bring them closer to Christ.  The love that filled my heart while trying to help them personally was more immense that I knew possible.  We taught this one man named Christian, and he had a son pass away 1 ½ years earlier.  His wife was 34 weeks pregnant.  As he explained his bitterness towards God, I couldn’t help but want to teach him all about Christ, and help him recognize god is there for him.  The gospel is true.  Live it every day.  I love you all, and hope you are doing well!  I apologize that this is so brief, but I have to go to bed.  I’ll be in touch again soon!

Love, Elder Livingston

P.S. My P-Day is on Thursday starting next Thursday.

P.P.S.  I totally have a pull-up bar!

-------  next page  -------

So, I don’t have stamps yet, so I’m adding more.  Today is the 12th and I want to share with you all the power of callings.  As district leader I’m supposed to interview each senior companion about how things are going.  I thought I wouldn’t be given much credit as an authority and the interviews would be awkward and short since I’m so young, but as soon as I asked how the Elders were, they opened up in a way I never would’ve imagined!! I loved being able to try and counsel with them and I hope what I said even helped.  But never back down from a calling and know that the Lord will make you the perfect tool. . . if you let him. ;-)

What are you guys up to?  Who won the World Cup???!!  I’m dying to know! (Even though the game is tomorrow).  How is your health holding up?  Oh! How was moving Ammon and Audrey?  Are they all settled in?  How does it look? J  I would love to know about anything and everything!!  I love you all SOO much!  Don’t forget about Jenna’s present in a week! ;-)  And make sure you know I love you with my whole heart!  I really do.  Stay safe, play hard, and don’t waste a second with negative thoughts or feelings.  Love ya!

Love, Elder Livingston 

No comments:

Post a Comment