Collage

Collage

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Letter to Dad - 31 July, 2014


Hey dad!! So, I actually heard that I can come and put my SD card right into some of the computers, so I will look into doing that so that I can send pictures to you. Also, could you send me another SD card? Audrey knows the kind to get. One of the Elders here didn't have a card so his camera couldn't take more than like, 5 or so pictures, so I gave him one of mine so that he would be able to use it.

That drain is so cool!! You have worked super hard and it looks like it is paying off really well. Really well . . . .that's punny right there. ;) haha I'm glad that we won't have to worry about that problem anymore. That has been a problem throughout our lives so it will be nice to get that taken care of. You know, I think this teaches a really good principle though. Just like the window well, there are things in our life that can often cause our burdens to overflow, and become too much for us to handle. But when we dig down and find out what is causing it to brim over, then all sorts of opportunities open up, and we are able to install "bigger buckets" in our own lives. The thing that I think is most amazing is that through the Lord, we can install an "infinitely deep" bucket that will never brim over so long as we trust in Him. The principle that nothing is impossible through the Lord really is true, and I know that. There is no way that I could be where I am and doing what I am without Him. The language is coming so quickly. By no means do I feel prepared, but I am learning it so much faster than I have learned anything before, and I am astonished every day at the lessons we teach and the things that we say. As my understanding grows I am coming to love the language more because I can communicate (exceedingly simply) with the people around me. Simplicity is the key. Even in English. I think we often complicate things because we just have the words to do it when we should really just keep it simple.

Thank you for your love and support. I love you so much, and I hope that everything is going well. Keep me posted, okay? Love ya!!

Love, Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment