Collage

Collage

Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Promised Land - Letter to Dad - 01 January, 2016

Dear Dad,

I want to share with you what President Wada shared with us. It is all about the promised land.

If you read in the first book of Nephi we can learn a lot about the promised land. But first, we have to understand what a promised land is. A promised land is a land that has been promised by the Lord to his faithful followers because of their promises. Because of their promises. Think about that. So what promises did Nephi and his family make to the Lord? If you read the first few books of Nephi with that in mind, think about how much you will learn about covenants. But, let's keep going.

I want you to think about your promised land. Just take a minute and map it out in your mind. Get all of the details squared out. Now think about what the Lord has planned for you. I would throw in here (this is my own thing) read the end of Ether chapter 1. The Lord promises that His land promised to us is better than what we have in mind. Cool, huh? Anyway, what can you do to reach the promised land? What did Nephi and his family do?

They had to leave the world behind and follow the path that the Lord had outlined for them. That is the key. If we want to reach the promised land that the Lord has for us we need to let go of the world and really follow Him. This includes making promises with Him. That is why it is so important for us to be baptized. That is why it is important for us to go to the temple. That is why it is important for us to be sealed in the temple. These promises are the things that bind us to the blessings of the Lord.

We learned a lot about that. That was the main thing he talked about. I would ask each of you to read the beginning of the Book of Mormon again and think about your promised land. And think about the promises that we need to make with the Lord.

I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is divine revelation from God. It is the word of God. I urge you to use it more every single day. It is the guidebook to life. If you have a problem, no matter what the problem might be, you need to turn to the Book of Mormon. I promise it will help.

I love you, Dad! I hope that during this new year you will be able to feel the influence of the Lord stronger every day. Make sure that you take time for Him, and He will make sure that you are taken care of. I pray for you, and I support you in all that you do.

Love,

Elder Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment